What did you have for a lunch today? I was in Ciuc today. When I saw a peanut butter I deceded to buy one and make this recipe.This combination (peanut butter and ketchup) sounds a little bit weird, but be brave! It is really tasty.
6 cups of vegetable bouillon (homemade or from the shop)
1 big red onion (Today I didn´t have red onion, so I used normal yellow onion)
10 cm piece of fresh ginger
6 cloves of garlic
1 small cabbage
¾ cup of peanut butter (without sugar)
½ cup of tomato sauce or ketchup
Spicy sauce (the amount depends on your taste)
For decoration: peanut, lime and coriander
Garnish: rise, quinoa or millet
How to do:
- Cook a bouillon.
- Cut onion, shred ginger and garlic and add to bouillon. Cook it 20 minutes.
- Wash the cabbage and cut it on thin straps.
- Mix peanut butter, ketchup and 1-2 cups of bouillon.
- Add peanut mix, cabbage and spicy souce to the bouillon.
- Cook it 15 minutes.
- Serve it with rise, quinoa or millet.
- The best taste is on the second day.
Tip: You can make this souce more liquid and serve it like a soup without garnish.