Hello, I decided to tell you some facts about me (maybee 10, we will see). You can know me better this way. First thing what I want to say you: I´m vegan. What does it mean? I don´t eat any animal products (meat, eggs, milk and milk products). Please don´t offer me these things 🙂 .
Why I am a vegan? Here are 3 main reasons: 1. For the animals (Avoiding animal products is one of the most obvious ways you can take a stand against animal cruelty and animal exploitation everywhere.)
2. For the health (The plant-based diet is helping mitigate some of the modern world’s biggest health issues like heart disease, diabetes and cancer.)
3. For the environment (for exemple: 29% of drink water is used for production meat and milk).
Maybee I will write more about it later.
I know that Romanians don´t eat animal product in period before Christmas, so I prepare Few recipes for „Postul Craciunului“. I will post one recipe each day until Christmas. I start with my favourite cake Beetroot brownies. Enjoy it!
2 medium sized beetroot (500g),
1 ripe banana,
200 ml plant milk (soya, rice, oat…),
1 spoon of apple vinegar (you can use also normal vinegar),
50 ml sunflower oil,
200g dark chocolate,
2 spoons of coconut oil (or more sunflower oil),
300g flour (you can use spelt flour for healthier version),
1 baking powder (or 1 tea spoon of baking soda),
pinch of salt
couverture: 200g dark chocolate with spoon of coconut oil
How to do:
1. Peel, slice and cook beetroots
2. Cool down a beetroot
3. Mix beetroot, banana, plant milk, Apple vinegar, sunflower oil
4. Melt chocolate and coconut oil and add it to beetroot
5. In other bowl: mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder
6. Mix everything together
7. Bake ca. 30 min on 180°C
8. Prepare couverture from chocolate and coconut oil (you use any other vegetable oil instead)
9. Put in a fridge overnight (it will be the best on the next day!)
Tip for shopping: You can buy coconut oil and plant milk in DM. You can find plant milk in Kaufland as well.
You can find original recipe on this site https://halmicaffe.sk/blog/halmirecept-repove-brownies. But it is in Slovakian language 🙂 .